Mon, 11 Sept|
Coventry Transport Museum
5 Day Car Upholstery Course in the Museum of Transport, Coventry
Auto Interior courses is running a course like no other in the renowned Coventry Transport Museum. Whether you're an aspiring automotive professional or a passionate hobbyist, this five-day course will equip you with the skills to upholster car seats as a professional.
Time & Location
11 Sept 2023, 09:30 – 15 Sept 2023, 15:30
Coventry Transport Museum, Millennium Place, Hales St, Coventry CV1 1JD, UK
About the event
During the course, our experienced instructor will guide you through the fundamentals of automotive upholstery, from materials and tools to techniques and finishes. You'll have the opportunity to work hands-on, transforming a car seat into a stunning, professionally upholstered masterpiece, whilst surrounded by the largest collection of British road transport in the world.
During our 5 day course you will:
- Learn essential automotive upholstery techniques from industry professionals
- Gain hands-on experience in a dedicated workshop space at Coventry Transport Museum, using the museum for inspiration and instruction
- Transform a car seat using high-quality materials and tools provided, just bring your seat and we'll provide the rest
- Receive personalised teaching and feedback from our experienced instructors, who have over 20 years experience
- Engage with fellow students, sharing knowledge and experiences, who are in the same position as you
- Receive ongoing support and advice throughout your journey, continuing long after the course
Learn to earn in the heart of the car industry, as we take you back to the roots of British Transport
- Live, personalised tuition: 1 tutor per 4 students
- Limited spaces available: Only 12 students maximum on the course
- Early bird discount: Secure your spot at a discounted rate - normally £897
- Prestigious location: Held at the renowned Coventry Transport Museum
- All-inclusive: Equipment and materials provided in the course fee, just bring your seat
- 5-day comprehensive course: Master the full range of upholstery techniques
- Bonus opportunity: Take your sewing machine home (at an extra cost) to start your business immediately!
What you will learn:
Industrial Sewing Machine Skills: Get hands-on with an Industrial Sewing Machine, mastering different stitching techniques necessary for seat upholstery.
Seat Preparation & Repairs: Learn to strip down your seat and prepare it for a fresh cover. We'll cover basic repairs, and explain the differences between classic and modern seat materials.
Templating: Learn our easy and precise templating methods that will help you create the perfect seat cover.
Patterns: Practice classic 'Tuck & Roll' and modern 'Bentley Diamond' patterns that add charm to your upholstery.
Making Your Seat Cover: With all the groundwork done, it's time to see your creation come together. We'll guide you through each step at your own pace.
Fitting Your Seat Cover: We'll show you the correct way to fit your new cover to the seat, teaching a few different methods for different types of vehicles.
By the end of this course, you'll have the confidence and skills to upholster car seats, with the potential to turn your passion into a profitable hobby or even a new career.
Who is This Course For?
This course is designed for car enthusiasts, hobbyists, and those seeking a new skill or a change in career. If you have a passion for cars, a desire for personal development, and the enthusiasm to learn something new, this course is for you. No prior knowledge in the field is necessary, just a commitment to learn and a hands-on attitude.
You're never too old to learn something new. Fulfil your potential, indulge your passion, and earn the admiration of others as you turn your dream into reality.
Don't miss this chance to elevate your upholstery skills, discover your entrepreneurial potential, and connect with fellow enthusiasts. Join us for an unforgettable experience at the Coventry Transport Museum and take the wheel of your automotive interior dreams!
- Ticket type
Early bird ticket discount available until 21st August. Normal price £897Price£675.00
- Ticket type
Secure your EarlyBird place with a deposit of £150 *Further payment of £525 required before course - final invoice will be sent a week before your coursePrice£150.00
+£3.75 service fee+£3.75 service fee